Re: mail/offlineimap rfc6555 module dependency missing

"J. Lewis Muir" <jlmuir%imca-cat.org@localhost> writes:

> mail/offlineimap from HEAD builds successfully, but it doesn't run due
> to a missing rfc6555 Python module; stack trace below.
>
> According to
>
>   https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap
>
> rfc6555
>
>   https://pypi.org/project/rfc6555/
>
> is a required dependency.  Unfortunately, it seems that the repo for the
> rfc6555 project was archived on 2024-06-20, so the future doesn't look
> too good here.

Sure, but basically people that need things to work adopt things they
need to make those work...

> Also, mail/offlineimap requires Python 2 (from Makefile):
>
>   PYTHON_VERSIONS_ACCEPTED=       27 # not yet ported
>
> I don't think the rfc6555 module is in pkgsrc, so I think one solution
> would be to add it to pkgsrc and then to add it as a dependency of
> mail/offlineimap.

Sure.  You should feel free to add it to pkgsrc-wip.

> I see that there's a repo for OfflineIMAP using Python 3
>
>   https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap3
>
> but it also requires the rfc6555 module.

That sounds more promising, and...   you can add it to pkgsrc-wip.

Sorry, I don't have any clues about what to do, but in the spirit of
"everything useful should be packaged", packaging the py3 version of
offline imap and also packaging rfc6555 sounds like it is useful and not
too hard.