Re: Python 2 fade-out

Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%mnx.io@localhost> writes:

> It's highly likely we'll want to drop 38 too soon, as it
> causes almost as many problems as 27, and it'll get tedious having a
> separate variable for every version.

Do you think when we drop 38 that we will

  keep python38 in pkgsrc
  remove it from default
  mark some packages as supporting it?

or will this just be

  drop 38 from PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT
  rm lang/python38

?   We have been removing 3x versions for a long time, and generally
there is no real need to run the one being dropped as updating 3(x+1) is
not that hard.

But sure, if we were to add PYTHON_VERSIONS_EXTRA to be appended instead
of 27, that's fine.  I am just not sure what we'd be encouraging and
why.