Re: pkgsrc_2024Q1: graphics/darktable fails to build

On 24 April 2024 13:57:36 BST, nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 10:36:43PM +0100, Dave Tyson wrote:
I did try to build darktable 4.6.1 but this failed linking as it could
not find 'uselocale'. It would appear NetBSD doesn't have this function
in libc. Linux, FreeBSD and OpenBSD all have it so maybe this should be
added - should I raise a PR?

Thread locale support was rejected for various reasons, you can
find lots of past discussions on the lists, and also patches within
pkgsrc that modify software to avoid uselocale.

nia, thanks for the explanation! I did think it a bit strange that the other *BSD's had it, but NetBSD does tend to have a more critical eye for uneeded stuff - which is good.. I will have a read of the discussions.

Cheers,
Dave
--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail.