Re: Committer Request - wip/newsraft

Kevin Bloom <kevin.bloom%posteo.net@localhost> writes:

>> This seems off.  A buildlink3 results in a full depends, normally, and
>> one uses DEPENDS for packages that must be present at runtime but which
>> are not used at build time.
>
> So, in other words, I should be able to remove the DEPENDS for the
> packages that have bl3s? I believe I tried this with curl and it
> threw runtime errors -- maybe an issue with compiler flags?

Yes, you should.   If something goes wrong, let's debug it.

>> As for pax, I know we tend to do that.  I do wonder what others think
>> about interaction with INSTALL_* and ending up with the right metadata
>> about ownership.
>
> I'm not sure I totally understand what you mean. Does pax not set the
> correct permissions/ownership?

In the old days, one ran install as root and it set -u -g to control how
the file ended up.  In modern pkgsrc, one installs as a non-root user,
and uses the system install where you still pass -u -g.  But instead of
setting the uid/gid of the resulting file, the file is the unpriv user,
and there is METALOG that has the intended values.  This needs -U -M.
When the binary package is created, it reads METALOG and uses that for
the owner/gid in the tarball so when it is unpacked it comes out right.

I am unclear on if pax writes METALOG.  pax(1) does not say it does.
See install(1) for METALOG.  I am not finding info about METALOG in tar
or pkg_create.

>> Plus, the distfile doesn't fetch.
>
> Could you elaborate?

"make fetch" got not found.   To repro, rm your
/usr/pkgsrc/distfiles/foo and rerun.  Or better yet move it someplace
safe until you can compare to the new one.

$ make
=> Bootstrap dependency digest>=20211023: found digest-20220214
=> Fetching newsraft-0.22.tar.gz
=> Total size: 190409 bytes
Trying [2001:67c:1401:20f0::1]:443 ...
Requesting https://codeberg.org/newsraft/newsraft/newsraft-0.22.tar.gz
ftp: Error retrieving file `404 Not Found'
fetch: Unable to fetch expected file newsraft-0.22.tar.gz
Trying [2a04:4e42:1c::262]:443 ...
Requesting https://cdn.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/distfiles/newsraft-0.22.tar.gz
ftp: Error retrieving file `404 Not Found'
fetch: Unable to fetch expected file newsraft-0.22.tar.gz
Trying [2001:660:3302:282a:204:75ff:fe9f:9e11]:80 ...
Requesting http://ftp.fr.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/distfiles/newsraft-0.22.tar.gz
ftp: Error retrieving file `404 Not Found'
fetch: Unable to fetch expected file newsraft-0.22.tar.gz
Trying [2001:470:a085:999::21]:443 ...
Requesting https://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/distfiles/newsraft-0.22.tar.gz
ftp: Error retrieving file `404 Not Found'
fetch: Unable to fetch expected file newsraft-0.22.tar.gz
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/wip/newsraft