Re: building wip/mu for emacs29nox

Hi Marko,

Marko Bauhardt <marko.bauhardt%mailbox.org@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to build `mu`[1]. The default version for `mu` is emacs28.
> But I want to build it for emacs-29[2].
> I tried to change the var `EMACS_TYPE` in `mk/defaults/mk.conf`
> to the value `emacs29nox`.
> Without success, which means pkgsrc wants still to install emacs28.
> Any hint how to build `mu` with for `emacs29`?

I think you're supposed to change EMACS_TYPE in your /etc/mk.conf,
but I'm not 100% sure. You could try that and see what happens.

I also want to note that wip/wu did not work correctly for me. At
least the last time I tried it (about a year or so ago) it didn't
work. I believe it was a NetBSD specific issue but I never figured it
out.  wip/mu is also very out-of-date and my last attempts to upgrade
it were futile and I had the same issue as with the current version in
wip. I was planning on eventually doing a deep-dive to attempt to fix
it but I don't have much time at the moment.

Kev