Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/openssh

Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%pkgsrc.org@localhost> writes:

> * On 2023-11-06 at 09:59 GMT, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>
>>I wanted it enabled for macOS (works for me there) too. What is the
>>problem with enabling it in general?
>
> https://us-central.manta.mnx.io/pkgsrc/public/reports/trunk/x86_64/20231102.1803/libfido2-1.13.0nb1/configure.log
>
> I don't know what other platforms aren't supported.

I would say that if you know it fails on some platform, and we don't
know about the rest, the code to disable it should only be for
known-problematic platforms.  It's far better to risk the build to
failing on FooOS not yet tested, than to silently omit it.

So this really should be if'd off for solaris/whatever, not only enabled
on NetBSD.