Re: Bootstrapping on KISS GNU/Linux

On 10/22/23 10:19, Julius Schwartzenberg wrote:
Op woensdag 18 oktober 2023 01:14:15 CEST schreef Jason Bacon:
On 10/17/23 11:29, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
* On 2023-10-17 at 19:04 BST, Julius Schwartzenberg wrote:
=> Generating post-install file lists
pkg_create: can't stat
`/root/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/wrk/pkgtools/cwrappers/
work/.destdir/opt/pkg-2023Q3/find:
/root/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/wrk/pkgtools/
cwrappers/work/.destdir/opt/pkg-2023Q3/.: No such file or directory'

This error where you get the output of find(1) in a PLIST mismatch is
usually caused by your distribution not providing some core tool that we
require.

We definitely need to do better here in terms of improving the error
message, but in the meantime I'd suggest taking a look through the file
mk/tools/tools.Linux.mk to see which ones you might be missing.

If you could try auto-pkgsrc-setup (http://netbsd.org/~bacon/), I'd
appreciate some feedback.  It tries to flag missing tools, and install
them in some cases (e.g. if running as root on RHEL).

I first tried installing all sorts of utilities that were listed in the file
Jonathan pointed at, but I still got the same error.

I tried your script as well, but it results in the exact same error. At least
I presume this error would not be related to a missing OpenJDK or Fortran
compiler.

I had to replace ftp:// with http:// for the tarball download btw. Somehow
downloading over ftp was very slow and would never reach the end.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I've switched to https: in the latest WIP version.

At this point I'm not yet sure how to proceed. Would it help if I create a VM
image to reproduce this? I am not sure exactly if I should be looking at the
pkg_create sources or this PLIST part is handled elsewhere?

That might be helpful, given how gnarly the KISS installation procedure
is.  I mainly use VirtualBox, so a .ova would be most convenient for me.
 I have also used qemu on occasion.