Re: cmake version problem

Am Fri, 21 Jul 2023 12:20:17 +0200
schrieb tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost:

> FWIW, when compiling some packages (pkgsrc-2023Q2), the compilation
> failed with a puzzling message about some dir or some file (like
> ".../work/cmake-build-..."; I didn't write it down, so it's from memory
> and likely partly incorrect) not existing.
>
> It happened that the cmake version on the building node was 3.9.
> Updating to 3.26 solved the problem.

Isn't that a problem with any dependency? I didn't have the impression
that pkgsrc really tracks required versions of dependencies. There is
syntax for it, sure, but I guess not every upstream source properly
documents the required cmake version properly, even. Also … with
buildlink3 files, I don't see custom version dependencies at all, only
ABI breaks being possibly handled.

Maybe put things like cmake on a shortlist to update first before
attempting any other update build?

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--