Re: daabases/nss_ldap update?

Hi,

Both pam_ldap and nss_ldap from padl.com have effectively been dead for years.  The alternatives would be the Debian project's nss-pam-ldapd (maintained by Arthur de Jong) or the Fedorar-based sssd.  I have only dealt with these on Linux, and can't vouch to whether either is fufficiently portable.

Of the two, I suspect that nss-pam-ldapd is the more portable.  As far as I know, it is still being maintained, but development seems to have slowed significantly.

--
Iain

PS: Apologies for mangling the original post, but it was necessary due to the URL's being rewritten.

On 7/11/23, 09:09, "pkgsrc-users-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost <mailto:pkgsrc-users-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost> on behalf of Emmanuel Dreyfus" <pkgsrc-users-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost <mailto:pkgsrc-users-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost> on behalf of manu%netbsd.org@localhost <mailto:manu%netbsd.org@localhost>> wrote:

Hello

I have a few patches against upstream HEAD of databases/nss_ldap:
The goal is to resurrect RFC2307bis support, where group
membership is stored in person objects instead of group
objects. This is faster.

But upstream seems dead, and a future release is unlikely.

[snip]

Or I can give up with it, if someone has a good alternative
to suggest.

Any thoughts on this topic?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus