Re: Circular dependency on archlinux base system

* On 2023-07-11 at 04:09 BST, klu wrote:

I get circular dependency during normal boostraping.

Full log: https://ttm.sh/B7v.txt

mktools -> coreutils -> digest -> mktools

Any time there's a dependency on coreutils it means either your system is missing them, or pkgsrc is looking in the wrong place.

If you have a look at mk/tools/tools.Linux.mk you'll see where we are looking for tools on Linux, and if you look at mk/tools/replace.mk and specifically the:

  # These tools are all supplied by the sysutils/coreutils package if
  # there is no native tool available.
  #
  _TOOLS.coreutils=...

section, you'll see what tools we're trying to find.

Once you add the correct path to the tool in tools.Linux.mk, or install it, then the circular dependency will disappear.

Let us know if we need to add another path to tools.Linux.mk.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com