Re: print/hplip fails to build

On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 01:34:17PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 07:11:26AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> > But why was USE_LIBTOOL removed?  I couldn't find anything in commit
> > messages explaining that.  How does it work on mac without libtool?
>
> Because upstream deprecated their libtool support.

Sorry for being terse - they turned off libtool support by default.
You can still turn it on if you want, and perhaps we should do it for
pkgsrc - I just thought we'd follow suit instead of fighting.

But if it helps on macOS, add the lines you suggested, but I think you
also need to add

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --enable-libtool_unsupported=${LIBTOOL}
 Thomas