Re: firefox-112

On Sun, 4 Jun 2023 at 15:06, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 04, 2023 at 03:56:30PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 04, 2023 at 11:47:48AM +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
> > > With apologies for how long this has taken to resolve -- can anyone
> > > update base and xbase and confirm whether firefox works better now?
> > > (I don't have a good environment to test firefox at the moment.)
> >
> > Firefox does not crash any more at startup but just exists.
> > Maybe I need a clean build for the mesa change? I'll try that...
>
> No, a clean build did not fix it.

pkgsrc/sysutils/szyszka also exhibited the crash on startup (and is
substantially less complex than firefox), so may also be worth testing

I'm sure pretty much anyone testing will already know, but with the
latest pkgsrc you will need to edit $PREFIX/bin/{szyszka,firefox} to
remove the libEGL LD_PRELOAD "workaround"

David