Re: firefox-112

On Tue, 23 May 2023 17:21:49 +0000
Taylor R Campbell <campbell+netbsd-pkgsrc-users%mumble.net@localhost> wrote:

> It looks like nia@ disabled TLS in Mesa on everything other than
> Linux/glibc in mid-2020, with the package option `elf-tls' to enable
> it.

Mhm. Around the same time when I fixed the amd64 dispatch code but I
didn't bother to re-enable it since I didn't have hardware around to
test i386.

> Does this affect the libGL ABI or no?  Can we safely just flip the
> switch to use the C11 tss(3) fallback in xsrc without having to bump
> the .so major?

To my knowledge at least the user-facing ABI is unaffected.
The internal ABI between mesa components (libGL.so, libglapi.so, dri modules)
might not necessarily be.

> Side note: It appears the upstream macro has been changed from
> GLX_USE_TLS to USE_ELF_TLS (never USE_GLX_TLS!).  We should maybe be
> consistent about this!

This happened with the autoconf to meson switch but xsrc doesn't
use either I guess. We should be consistent still.