Re: boost-libs on macOS Ventura (13.x)

On 5/19/23 18:54, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 04:16:00PM -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:

devel/boost-libs fails to build with the error below.  What I've managed
to figure out so far is that "-x c" is incompatible with "-std=c++14" on
recent versions of clang (macOS Ventura aarch64, macOS Monterey x86,
FreeBSD 13).  Odd thing is, I'm not seeing -std=c++14 in the compile
command shown.  Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Looks like they are using ${CXX} to compile C source.

Joerg

Yes, which only issues a warning if not using "-x c".

After recording the output of a build on Darwin x86, I see the same
error, but the build completes anyway (usually).  My last two attempts
to build on x86 also terminated, so this appears to be an intermittent
problem.  I changed nothing in the pkgsrc tree between successful and
failed builds.