Re: py38-certbot-2.6.0 - Broken for me in pkgsrc_head

> 	hello.  While the shared library, libssl.so.1.1.0
> may exist on your system, have you confirmed that it's a real file and
> that it is a valid
> library that matches the architecture of the executables you're running?
> Also, do you have
> /usr/pkg/lib in your /etc/ld.so.conf file?  that will pick up any shared
> libraries that aren't
> in the default search path of the executables yoou're running.
> I'm sure this is stuff you know, I'm just mentioning it because it's stuff

Thank you sooo much! This helped me get certbot to run...

I cross-checked /usr/pkg/lib/libssl.so.1.1.0 against a fresh build of
openssl... these files match with no differences and a "make test" passed
all openssl tests.

To my knowledge I have never had or used /etc/ld.so.conf
I created one and added /usr/pkg/lib to it as you suggested and sure
enough, certbot runs!
[I should probably add that there are NO libssl.* libraries in /lib and
/usr/lib - pkgsrc openssl may do that automagically?]

I've used certbot for at least a couple of years with no visible
issues...and literally decades of running a home server/firewall/webserver
without the ld.so.conf and stuff just worked... (?) so, I'm confused as to
what has changed, but...

on the pragmatic front, my immediate issue seems resolved!
[I renewed my certificates...]

thanks!
gene