Re: Bad dependencies of graphics/tiff's libtiff-4.pc ?

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 06:10:39PM +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> I'm rebuilding news/pan (that's my own package, and it worked in the
> past), and during configure it complains
>
> checking for gtk+-3.0 >= 3.0.0... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-3.0 >= 3.0.0) were not met:
>
> Package 'liblzma', required by 'libtiff-4', not found
>
> Often that seems to indicate that package gtk3+-3.24.35 does not
> indicate a dependency on libtiff-4, whereas something else (the .pc
> file?) thinks there is one.
>
> That is not the case here, make clean-depends already shows a tiff
> somewhere in the dependencies:
>
> ===> su-do-clean [tiff-4.5.0nb1] ===> Cleaning for tiff-4.5.0nb1
>
> There is no a "liblzma" package, since the library in the
> base system.
>
> /usr/pkg/lib/pkgconfig/libtiff-4.pc contains
>
> Requires.private: liblzma libjpeg zlib
>
> and removing liblzma from that makes pan build.
>
> So this is a bug in the graphics/tiff package?

graphics/tiff/bl3.mk includes archivers/xz/bl3.mk. That file should
either pull in the xz package (and provide the liblzma.pc file that
way) or fall back to the builtin.mk file and provide the pc file via
the override-liblzma-pkgconfig target.

Please find out what part breaks on your system!

Thanks,
 Thomas