2023Q1, symlinks for NetBSD binary packages moved to 2022Q4

The "pkgsrc-20231" branch has been created.  Binary builds and a release
announcement will as usual take at least a few days.  For those who
build from source it should be there now or shortly, depending on the
flow from NetBSD CVS to anoncvs and other mirrors.

Separately, an update about binary packages:

Those using NetBSD binary packages from cdn.netbsd.org (or
ftp.netbsd.org) with pkgin repository paths of the form

  https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/$arch/9.3/All

for i386 and amd64 both 8.x and 9.x should be aware that these as of
just now point to builds from 2022Q4 instead of 2022Q2.   This
advancement is routine, and I'm mentioning it because I have seen
several questions from users about packages being out of date.

As always, there is a tension with newer builds having security updates
and of course newer versions of upstream packages, as well as packages
added to pkgsrc, while older builds still have some packages that have
become unbuildable on older systems.  Those wishing to use an
out-of-date build can use explicit branch build directory names in URLS,
e.g.

  https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/x86_64/9.0_2022Q3/

and those who wish to manage moving to new branches themselves can also
use explicit URLs.

Our practice is to retain builds for only the two most recent quarters
(with an accomodation for architectures where it takes a whole quarter
to build, e.g. sparc).  Older builds are available at URLs such as the
following, which in this case has builds going back to 2019.

  https://archive.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc-archive/packages/NetBSD/i386/

NB: Our very longstanding practice is that only the current branch
receives maintenance.  I am certainly not recommending using packages
from old branches, but simply explaining that it is possible.

Greg