Re: Problems Building lang/go120 - /tmp full?

yancm%sdf.org@localhost writes:

> Hello,
> Trying to build lang/go120 from pkgsrc/HEAD on NetBSD 9_current amd64...
>
> I'm getting this:
>
> [ 1095082.9828822] /tmp: write failed, file system is full
> # cmd/compile/internal/ssa
> compile: writing output: write $WORK/b121/_pkg_.a: no space left on device
> go tool dist: FAILED:
> /usr/pkgsrc/lang/go120/work/go/pkg/tool/netbsd_amd64/go_bootstrap install
> -v cmd/asm cmd/cgo cmd/compile cmd/link: exit status 1
> *** Error code 2

[snip]

> which I changed to this (and created a clean ./work/tmp)
> TMPDIR?=         /usr/pkgsrc/lang/go120/work/tmp
>
> But the build fails the same way...
>
> I'm not used to packages trying to write/build outside of the working
> directory and in any event I should have plenty of space available... Any
> pointers?
> gene

You may have to set TMPDIR on the command line, as well, before starting
the build (I also set TMPDIR in /etc/mk.conf because I want the C
compiler, for example, to not use /tmp too).  All versions of go that I
am aware of make use of space outside of the current directory to build
themselves, the C compilers do as well when building objects during
compiles, but the files are typically much smaller.  I would not
directly use the go work directory... but something in /usr/pkgsrc,
maybe /usr/pkgsrc/TMP should be fine.  I often just use /var/tmp.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org