pinentry curses munging

Something changed a while back so that pinentry no longer looks right when prompting me for my GnuPG password.

Here's what it should look like, ssh'ing to my CentOS build host:

  http://us-central.manta.mnx.io/jperkin/public/screenshots/pinentry-good.png

Here's what the pkgsrc version looks like running locally:

  http://us-central.manta.mnx.io/jperkin/public/screenshots/pinentry-bad.png

If I override with TERM=linux or similar locally then it looks right, but it's not 1995 any more and this stuff should Just Work. I don't have any issues with other curses stuff like mutt.

Is anyone else seeing this, and/or knows where to start digging? I never really know where to start with this stuff. Reverting to an older pinentry doesn't seem to help, so it likely lies elsewhere.

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com