Spotify issues

Hi all,

Since a week or so ago, I have been having issues playing any tracks using spotify-player.
The issue has been confirmed/reproduced on ncspot by Leot, thanks!

The problem is actually at Spotify's end (channel errors).
If you are interested in the details read about it here, https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/issues/972

The situation for NetBSD users on the available players
-audio/librespot
-audio/ncspot
-audio/spotify-player
-audio/spotify-qt

is the following,

-Users on 2022Q2 using any of the available players are affected
-Users on pkgsrc-current are affected if using ncspot and/or spotify-player

Current users using librespot or spotify-qt should be fine.
I've merged librespot 0.4.2 a few days ago which, fixes the issue.

Going forward:
-I've been in touch with spotify-player upstream and they are preparing a new release bumping librespot to 0.4.2
-ncspot-0.10.1 already has librespot-0.4.2, unfortunately I can not merge the update as it requires Rust-1.62.1 to build.

Work around:
Add the following line to /etc/hosts

104.199.65.124  ap-gew4.spotify.com

will allow you to stream Spotify as usual.
Remember to remove the line once you have a player using librespot-0.4.2 installed.

Regards,
pin