Re: pbulk setup

On Fri, 15 Jul 2022 at 13:33, nia <nia%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 10:22:42AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> What I can do is, once I have a minimal and reliably working pbulk.conf I
> can keep it somewhere, possibly with some annotations. I think there is no
> place for such ad-hoc file. May be I'll share it over email.

Please check out https://github.com/alarixnia/bulkbuild-scripts

1. It's tailored only to NetBSD, and works out of the box on it.
   Makes use of NetBSD-specific concepts like sets, null mounts...

2. It's desigend to be simple enough that I can use it.

3. It makes it easy to set up parallel pbulk, which is normally
   non-trivial on the same machine... Also makes 64->32 builds
   easy, building 9.0 packages on CURRENT easy, and so on...

Thanks for the pointer - very useful!

As you said, this stuff isn't as easy to set up as it should be, especially for cross-version building of packages - these scripts will help greatly with that

(we should probably address elsewhere the meta-issue of fixing pkgsrc/pbulk to make it easier to set up - there are just too many HOWTOs and other docs to believe it's only myself having these sorts of issues)