Re: IMAP server?

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 07:53:45AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Others have recommended dovecot and sieve, and I would too.  You could
> also use procmail to deliver to maildir and have dovecot serve that.

I'd suggest using Maildir as backend, too ... deleting (or other
manipulating, like setting "read" flag) in mbox format requires
rewriting the while file from then on. I eventually switched
everything to Maildir.

(I use dovecot to read via imaps, and used to have a pop3s user,
too. mutt from my real machines, k9mail from Android, which mostly
works (only can't be convinced to access other user's mail folders
that I may read), thunderbird from a windows machine.)

	-is