Re: Packages for SimH (simh 3, open-simh)

On Sun 05 Jun 2022 at 14:24:23 +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> It's an excellent example of "the only thing greater than the (very
> large) amount of effort has has put into the project, is the
> conviction that his way is the only acceptable way"

Certainly he has done much for SimH. He also did take on changes
from others, or made changes based on input from others.
For example, he also worked with me to improve pacing of input towards
simulators so that applications like Kermit work better.
He could be difficult to work with, but that this thing got out of hand
the way it did surprised many people, I think; at least it surprised me.

> I think we should add the new open-simh fork, plus a big warning
> message to the existing simh(4) package, and revisit just before the
> next quarterly branch (to determine if we drop the old simh(4)
> package, or take some other action).

I am preparing commits for this (with a phrasing as suggested about
questions around the license), so I can commit this soon-ish.

> David
-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto