Re: Odd random failures in nodejs 16.14.2 on 9.2-STABLE/amd64

On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 22:59:29 +0100
Mike Pumford <mpumford%mudcovered.org.uk@localhost> wrote:

> Been using node 14 quite happily for a while and have now followed
> pkgsrc by switching to node 16. However I'm getting random startup
> failures when compiling my typescript code:
>
> # Fatal process OOM in Failed to reserve virtual memory for CodeRange

We usually get these on aarch64. Maybe we should apply the
workaround unconditionally. Try changing this line:

#if V8_OS_NETBSD && V8_TARGET_ARCH_ARM64
#if V8_OS_NETBSD

In these files:
nodejs/patches/patch-deps_v8_src_base_platform_platform-posix.cc
nodejs/patches/patch-deps_v8_src_heap_code-range.cc

Report back if it helps.

-Tobias