Re: Patch: include version in OpenBSD target triplet

"Sijmen J. Mulder" <ik%sjmulder.nl@localhost> writes:

> This patch adds the OpenBSD version number to MACHINE_GNU_PLATFORM,
> like the native behaviour, fixing ncurses and possibly other packages.
>
> OK to commit? It seems to work fine for me but I'm not quite sure about
> the full ramifications of this change.

Is there a specification for what belongs in MACHINE_GNU_PLATFORM, from
which you can clearly say what's right?  It seems unusual to me to have
version there, and I wonder how many packages will fail with this
change, vs be fixed.  I am guessing you have not done a bulk build both
ways.