Re: proposed python change: removing python 3.7

On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 10:14:15 -0400
Peter Lai <cowbert%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Disagree. 3.7 does not EOL until JUN 2023. I recommend we follow
> upstream support schedule.

This is a valid point. But if upstream module authors of well-known
modules start to deprecate support ahead of the core upstream support
schedule then that is a problem for us. We have to at least acknowledge
that keeping it comes with the cost of intermittent tree breakage.
I favor keeping at most three major versions.