list of all prerequisites/ dependencies on a package

Hello,

I know this should be easy in the pkgsrc framework, but my reading and searches haven't enlightened my on doing it.

On other packaging systems I use fomething like this

-------------------------------------- cut ------------------------------
        #
# Each directory 'dirx' contains an optional 'dirx.depend' file that
        # lists directories 'diry' it depends upon.  We read these files
# and generate a partial dependency list and use tsort to sort them.
        # Note that 'diry' need not include version number.
        #
        ls -ad $DIRS |
        while read dirx
        do
                if [ -f ${dirx}/${dirx}.depend ]
                then
                        for diry in `cat ${dirx}/${dirx}.depend`
                        do
                              #
# Make 'dirx' dependent upon SPECIFIC versions of
                              # 'diry' present in this directory.
                              #
                              #for dirz in `echo ${diry}*`
# for dirz in `ls -ad ${diry} ${diry}-* 2>/dev/null`
                              for dirz in `ls -ad ${diry}  2>/dev/null`
                              do
                                        echo ${dirz} ${dirx}
                              done
                        done
                else
                        echo ${dirx} ${dirx}
                fi
        done |
        tsort

I would like to do something similar. Choose a pkgsrc package and generate list of all prerequisites/dependencies on a package

Regards,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb%zenez.com@localhost> 801 849-0213
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047