Re: Seeking status reports on unusual operating systems

On 22/03/31 07:02PM, Greg Troxel wrote:

> But seriously, it would be nice if the list in bootstrap/README of
> which
> systems don't work were more up to date.  This message is a call for
> data.
>
> There are four platforms where it is well know that they work:
>   Solaris
>   Linux
> so no need to mention them.

Well, since not all Solaris are created equal, and I haven't seen
any reference to pkgsrc on Solaris 11 recently, I think it's worth
noticing that pkgsrc-2022Q1 bootstraps and works perfectly on Solaris
11.4 using SunStudio 12.6 as compiler.

I think Illumos and Solaris have diverged enough to be considered
different platforms. Even within the illumos ecosystem there are
non-negligible differences between distributions.

> Beyond FreeBSD, for all other platforms, it would be good to get a
> bootstrap works/doesn't-work status for 2022Q1, and if it doesn't work
> and you know the last quarterly branch where it did work, that's
> interesting too.

I have a working pkgsrc-2021Q4 tree on Minix 3.4.0rc6 (latest and
possibly last developer preview). Using the `pkgin_sets' script to
install the toolchain (clang 3.6),  and the developer tools first is a
requirement. From then, one can do `bmake update' to get the most recent
version of pkgtools/pkg_install and so on. I successfully built several
packages which weren't available in the official repo with little to no
trouble.

Best Regards.

--
vms[-at]retrobsd.ddns.net   |   https://retrobsd.ddns.net