Re: Seeking status reports on unusual operating systems

Hello Greg,

On Thursday 2022-03-31 19:02, Greg Troxel wrote:

pkgsrc runs or has run on many operating systems, but time marches on
and one needs a C++17 compiler to compile a lot of things, which doesn't
go so well with the gcc3 binaries for systems that went out of support
20 years ago :-)

But seriously, it would be nice if the list in bootstrap/README of which
systems don't work were more up to date.  This message is a call for
data.

There are four platforms where it is well know that they work:
 NetBSD
 Solaris
 macOS
 Linux

FYI, I have it working on SCO/Xinuos UnixWare 7 Definitive, I am still working on a few issues. I have over 2,180 packages built. I do have a few things I need to figure out. I am fixing issues as my bulk build fails. I do have a README.UnixWare7, that I am having Xinuos review before I may submit it.

OpenServer 5 Definite sufferes from green thread issuse. OpenServer 6 will be the same as UnixWare 7 Definitive. I am waiting on the Release of a New Development(gcc-4.2.4) system for OpenServer 5 Definitve. It should be released this quarter.

Regards,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb%zenez.com@localhost> 801 849-0213
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047