Re: macOS 12.x (Monterey) vs. pkgsrc

* On 2022-03-02 at 21:09 GMT, Greg A. Woods wrote:

At Wed, 2 Mar 2022 07:12:47 +0000, Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: macOS 12.x (Monterey) vs. pkgsrc

* On 2022-03-02 at 04:15 GMT, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> # otool -XL libavltree.so.1.1
>        libavltree.so.1.1 (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
>        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1311.0.0)
>

> I'm thinking mk/check/check-shlibs-macho.awk should not complain if then
> library depends on itself like this?

No, it needs to be correct, otherwise any
binaries or libraries that link against it
will also be incorrect, and then it's
impossible to do any meaningful checks.

Well, I don't know all the details of macOS dylib, but I think Mansour's
reply suggests my fix is indeed the, or at least a sufficiently correct,
fix.

It's nothing of the sort. It completely breaks the entire REQUIRES logic. Just do a post-install fixup, there are plenty of examples of how to do that across the pkgsrc tree.