Re: Does pango have a run time dependency on GraphicsMagick

29 January 2022, 12:58:02, by "Mayuresh" <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost>:

> After a recent upgrade of devel/pnago, a certain error started appearing,
> which suggests dependency on `gm' which happens to be in
> graphics/GraphicsMagick
>
> Is this some new dependency? If so I think better to capture.

Pango falls back to an external renderer when it fails to display the file
natively. They switched from ImageMagick to GraphicsMagick in v1.48.10,
seemingly trivial to patch back if needed:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/pango/-/merge_requests/472/diffs
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/pango/-/merge_requests/476/diffs
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/ftp-release-list/2021-September/msg00055.html

However, if your input file is valid, pango shouldn't have fallen back to
any external renderer. Please try investigating why it did.