Re: [2020Q4] gobject-introspection fails with /usr/pkg/lib/libgirepository-1.0.so.1: undefined reference

BERTRAND Joël <joel.bertrand%systella.fr@localhost> writes:
> 	Hello,
>
> 	I have upgraded my pkgsrc tree and gobject-introspection fails with :
>
> ld: warning: libffi.so.7, needed by
> /usr/pkg/lib/libgirepository-1.0.so.1, not found (try using -rpath or
> -rpath-link)

I ran into this also.  I think there is some problem building that
package when an older version is already installed.

The way I worked around it was
 pkg_delete -f gobject-introspection
 bmake install
 pkg_admin rebuild-tree
and restart the rolling-replace.

I can vaguely remember this being a problem that has been around since
last pkgsrc quarter or longer.  It really needs a proper fix, imho.

Thanks