Re: build failure for devel/scons

On Sat, Jan 08, 2022 at 10:24:54PM +0100, oskar%fessel.org@localhost wrote:
> Is this related - fresh build on pkgsrc from yesterday?

The issue is that when setuptools is installed, a newer version of
distutils is used than the one coming with python, and the PLIST
doesn't match.

So either

1. deinstall py*setuptools in your build environment (or just build in
   a sandbox where only the necessary dependencies are installed)

2. or convert the package to require py-setuptools and fix the PLIST
   for that.

Usually, including egg.mk instead of distutils.mk or extension.mk does
that, but some packages do not support the default settings we have in
egg.mk. (Perhaps we should change those.)

You'll have to fix that yourself in this case, since xentools415
doesn't build for me, sorry.
 Thomas