Re: Cresting a PLIST for UniWare 7 for Python-3.9.9

On Friday 2022-01-07 20:26, Greg Troxel wrote:

Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb%zenez.com@localhost> writes:

I will eventually modify the Makefile and add PLIST.UnixWare

I did the following:
# cd /home/build/pkgsrc_build/lang/python39/
# bmake
# bmake print-PLIST > PLIST.UnixWare
# mv PLIST PLIST.orig
# cp -p PLIST.UnixWare PLIST
# bmake install

This seems off.   I would recommend instead doing print-PLIST to a temp
file and then running diff -u and understanding what's different.

Generally, PLIST.FooOS is a set of files that are *only* installed on
FooOS, to be unioned into the regular set.

Thanks, putting back PLIST and modifing the Makefile to add

.elif ${OPSYS} == "UnixWare"
PY_PLATNAME=	UniWare

after line 62 of Makefile.

resolved the issue. I was not understanding it was a union of the 2 files.

Thanks,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb%zenez.com@localhost> 801 849-0213
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047