How to get pkgsrc to search pkgsrc/packages/All for dependencies ?

Hi

There's something that annoys me about pkgsrc, and I'm sure it's because I have missed something in the docs or googling for answers.

It's how pkgsrc rebuilds package dependencies even though I have a compiled package sitting in pkgsrc/packages/All.

What I want to have happen is when I compile a package that pkgsrc scans for dependencies, if it sees any that need to be installed that it looks for a package in pkgsrc/packages/All and if one exists it installs it and only builds the package if there is not a binary in pkgsrc/packages/All.

Instead what happens is it seems that pkgsrc checks to see if the dependency is installed and if it isn't it skips a step and simply rebuilds the missing package -instead of installing an existing package from pkgsrc/packages/All

This takes up a lot of time which is very annoying, but I don't know what to set to get it to simply install the pre-compiled packages I've already built (but not installed).

Thanks for your help, and my apologies if I'm missing anything glaringly obvious.