Re: wasi-libcxx failure

On Sat, 1 Jan 2022 at 07:03, Ryo ONODERA <ryo%tetera.org@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
>
> > On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 at 07:10, Ryo ONODERA <ryo%tetera.org@localhost> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,

> >> It seems that you have installed converters/libiconv. Is it true?
> >
> > Yes, it is installed (and required by some 40-45 packages).
>
> I cannot reproduce your problem yet...
>
> Some package, for example multimedia/mpv, fails to build when
> converters/libiconv has been installed already.
> However it seems that your problem with lang/wasi-libcxx is different
> from multimedia/mpv case.
>
> Do you have any iconv-related variables in your /etc/mk.conf,
> for example USE_GNU_ICONV, ICONV_TYPE,GNU_CONFIGURE_ICONV and so on?
>
> Thank you.
>
> > Chavdar
> >

> >> Thank you.

> >> --
> >> Ryo ONODERA // ryo%tetera.org@localhost
> >> PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3
> >

> > --
> > ----
>
> --
> Ryo ONODERA // ryo%tetera.org@localhost
> PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3

To finalize this, on a newly installed -current system I was able to
build the package without a problem. I still can't pinpoint the exact
reason for the failure on this one, but it prompted me to compare its
/usr/lib directory to a fresh one - and it was full of old stuff -
this system came to life as X.99.Y around June 2016 and hasn't been
reinstalled from scratch at all. Cruft tends to gather...

Chavdar

--
----