Re: pam-af: sshd[]: fatal: PAM: initialisation failed

On Thu 30 Dec 2021 at 20:09:47 +0100, Rhialto wrote:
> So I went back to the altered package with MKPIE_SUPPORTED=NO, and it worked.

In the unmodified package, .cwrapper/config/ld ends with

append_executable=-pie

but the -pie is also added for the command

ld -s --shared -lpam -lcrypt ./pam_af.o ./subr.o -o ./pam_af.so

which is not creating an executable. I suppose that can be called a but
in cwrappers. In bin/normalise-cc.c of cwrappers, mode_link_executable
is default unless an argument "-shared" is seen... but this one uses
"--shared".

Therefore, an additional patch to the Makefile, changing "--shared" to
"-shared" does work too.

-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto