Re: How to best submit fixes to pkgsrc

nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 08:12:16AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>   Bug reports without fixes for 10.4 and 10.9 don't belong in the bug
>>   tracker.  Sorry, but nobody is going to pay attention and it's just
>>   clutter.  Even with fixes, it's getting iffy.
>
> I will commit people's patches for older operating systems if I'm
> sure they won't break anything else, regardless of how they are
> submitted.

I will apply them too, and I didn't mean to say otherwise.  I meant that
a bug in the tracker that says

  random package X fails to build on macos 10.4
  [does not contain a fix]

is not useful, these days, given how the world is.

And I meant that macos that old is getting into retrocomputing, with
fewer and fewer users.