Re: virtualenv/pip failure, how to debug/fix?

Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

>> which led to the following bizarrely losing in setuptools looking for
>> __sysconfigdata__netbsd9__.
>
> This has nothing to do with pip, it's in setuptools.
> Use setuptools from pkgsrc for now.

How do I "use setuptools from pkgsrc" when creating a venv and running
pip in it?

I suppose I could also use older setuptools somehow, before the
distutils integration.

> Longer version:
>
> setuptools is working on integrating distutils, since that will be
> deprecated in python 3.12. We have local patches for distutils (in
> python*/patches) and setuptools upstream was very helpful in getting
> workarounds for those in place. But the workaround needs extra config
> files installed before setuptools is installed. I plan on adding those
> to the python packages, but haven't gotten around to it yet (since the
> change to use the included distutils in setuptools again is very
> recent, last two weeks I think).

Ah, so this would fix pip in virtualenv.

If you have a pointer, or bits, that I could just place in /usr/pkg,
then I could sort of test and sort of use it.