Re: How to force using clang for a package?

On Sun, Dec 26, 2021 at 06:13:17PM +0100, Tobias Nygren wrote:
> > I noticed www/firefox/mozilla-common.mk does some manual fiddling with
> > clang wrappers to make them actually run clang.
>
> Firefox is a bad example and I removed those wrapper hacks the other day.
> It only needs clang for a few things. most of Firefox uses GCC.
>
> Try this recipe:
>
> .include "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk"
> PKGSRC_COMPILER=clang
> CLANGBASE=${PREFIX}
> .include "../../lang/llvm/buildlink3.mk"
> BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.llvm=build
> .include "../../lang/clang/buildlink3.mk"
> BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.clang=build

I added the wrapper hacks to Firefox so that the user's compiler
choice would be honored for the parts that don't require clang -
this was important because if you just override PKGSRC_COMPILER
it breaks ccache and distcc setups. I kinda rely on ccache when
working on Firefox.