Re: Bootstrapping pbulk in sandbox fails on Loongson/mips64el.

On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 at 19:33, manphiz <manphiz%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

```
yeeloong-netbsd# /home/pbulk/sandbox chroot
yeeloong-netbsd# pwd  # To verify I'm in chroot
/
yeeloong-netbsd# /usr/bin/file /sbin/sysctl
/sbin/sysctl: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, MIPS, N32 MIPS-III version
1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /libexec/ld.elf_so, for
NetBSD 8.2, not stripped
yeeloong-netbsd# cd /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest/
yeeloong-netbsd# /usr/pbulk/bin/bmake show-var VARNAME=OBJECT_FMT
a.out
yeeloong-netbsd# /usr/bin/make show-var VARNAME=OBJECT_FMT
ELF
yeeloong-netbsd# uname -s
NetBSD
```

So "/usr/bin/file /sbin/sysctl" should be working in chroot, and
system make reports OBJECT_FMT to be ELF, however the bmake
bootstrapped in pbulk reports a.out.  Will try to keep digging into
this, but hopefully the info above may help some developers to figure
out what could be wrong.

The interesting thing is that you get different object formats using bmake and make, so I'd suggest it's some of problem with bmake, the makefiles, or bootstrapping in general