Re: net/youtube-dl throttled?

On Wed, 10 Nov 2021 09:44:25 -0300
nervoso <nervoso%k1.com.br@localhost> wrote:

> Em dom, 2021-11-07 às 18:27 +0530, Mayuresh escreveu:
> > The web search easily leads to many forums advising a switch to
> > yt-dlp - a fork of youtube-dl as the latter does not seem to be
> > keeping pace and is throttled by youtube.
> >
> > I could install yt-dlp using pip3 and it indeed works without the
> > throttling issue.
> >
> > Any similar experiences?
> >
> the yt-dl  package uses the ANDROID json  while the youtube-dl uses
> another one...
>
> probabley Youtube made it slow by design...

Switching to yt-dlp does indeed fix the issue. The issue is indeed
deliberate sabotage from Google, specifically in relation to the
'n-sig' bug open. yt-dlp works around this sabotage. It is possible to
have mpv use yt-dlp instead even if your using an older version that
doesn't have the path hooks by symbolically linking
/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl to yt-dlp.

--
 _______________________________________
/  Against his wishes, a math teacher's \
| classroom was remodeled. Ever since,  |
| he's been talking about the good old  |
| dais. His students planted a small    |
| orchard in his honor; the trees all   |
\ have square roots.                    /
 ---------------------------------------
\
 \
   /\   /\