Re: netmask package at wip

Hello Sijmen!
Thanks for the tips, I've just pushed the changes :-)

On Thu, 4 Nov 2021, Sijmen J. Mulder wrote:

> 1. From `pkglint -Wall`:
>
>   NOTE: Makefile:7: Trailing whitespace.
>   WARN: Makefile:22--23: Please switch to "set -e" mode before using a
>    semicolon (after "cd ${WRKSRC}") to separate commands.

Nice, I had run pkglint but without the -Wall option.

> 2. The first section of the Makefile can be simplified:
>
>   DISTNAME=       netmask-2.4.4
>   CATEGORIES=     sysutils
>   MASTER_SITES=   ${MASTER_SITE_GITHUB:=tlby/}
>   GITHUB_TAG=     v${PKGVERSION_NOREV}
>
> pkgsrc will correctly extract the package name and version number from
> DISTNAME. By using PKGVERSION_NOREV you can avoid repeating the version
> number.

Ok, I think part of my original configuration came from url2pkg, but
your way is better :-)

> You can then also remove the WRKSRC line, it's inferred.

Yep, I had left it because debugging some build problems, but it is
unnecessary now.

> 3. Some small nits:
>
>  - Makefile: Whitespace before and after pre-configure:.
>  - DESCR: 'This is a handy tool for...' can just be 'Tool for...', same
>     with COMMENT.
>  - DESCR: I'd remove all paragraphs but the first.

Done!

Thanks again for your review :-)

Fran
--