Re: Python 3.6 retirement

>> Hi,
>> So
>> @Adam
>> I sent you the files you requested to your personal email (outside mailing
>> list)
>>
>> @Jonathan :
>> I put the flags in my mk.conf. Unfortunately it changed nothing.
>>

>> @Chavdar
>> Good thing to see Python 3.10 working on Solaris 10 x86_64. However I've
>> seens cases where something works on x86_64  but not on sparc64. We'll have
>> to keep that in mind.
>
> Sure, but as the fix is trivial and consists of just declaring
> sethostname as extern it is unlikely there would be any difference to
> the build under sparc64.
>
> I can try building Python 3.[789] on the same setup if this would be useful.

I've built Python 3.6-3.9 on SunOS 10 on a virtual machine. Problems encountered:
- I had to build OpenSSL with 'no-asm'
- '_crypt.so' didn't build for any of the pythons because -lcrypt couldn't be found (there is one in /usr/lib)

I don't have much experience with SunOS, but I still think Python 3.6 should be gone.

Kind regards,
Adam