python 3.10

Hi,

Another disruptor came out yesterday with the release of Python 3.10.
I decided that trying to adapt  pkgsrc lang/python39 to python310 is
way too much for me and just ran 'configure && make && make install '
on the downloaded source - which succeeded right from the box. I then
even ran the tests, which were - as expected - less successful:
== Tests result: FAILURE, INTERRUPTED then FAILURE, INTERRUPTED ==

                             Test suite interrupted by signal SIGINT.

6 tests omitted:
    test_asyncio test_compileall test_concurrent_futures test_curses

                                 test_importlib
test_multiprocessing_fork

383 tests OK.

11 tests failed:
    test_cmd_line test_codecs test_dbm test_eintr test_locale

                                 test_posix test_signal test_socket
test_subprocess test_time
    test_uuid

4 tests altered the execution environment:
    test_fork1 test_threading test_wait3 test_wait4

22 tests skipped:
    test_ctypes test_dbm_gnu test_devpoll test_epoll test_gdb
    test_idle test_ioctl test_msilib test_ossaudiodev test_readline
    test_spwd test_startfile test_tcl test_tix test_tk
    test_ttk_guionly test_ttk_textonly test_turtle test_winconsoleio
    test_winreg test_winsound test_zipfile64

13 re-run tests:
    test_cmd_line test_codecs test_dbm test_eintr test_locale
    test_multiprocessing_forkserver test_multiprocessing_spawn
    test_posix test_signal test_socket test_subprocess test_time
    test_uuid

1 test run no tests:
    test_multiprocessing_forkserver

Total duration: 15 hour 3 min
Tests result: FAILURE, INTERRUPTED then FAILURE, INTERRUPTED

and had to be interrupted  eventually.

Anyway, it'll be fun again switching to a new default python version....

Chavdar

--
----