[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
pkgsrc-2021Q3 branch announcement
The pkgsrc developers are proud to announce the 72nd quarterly release
of pkgsrc, the cross-platform packaging system. pkgsrc is available
with more than 25,000 packages, running on 23 separate platforms; more
information on pkgsrc itself is available at https://www.pkgsrc.org/
In total, 131 packages were added, 106 packages were removed, and 1754
package updates (to 1277 unique packages) were processed since the
pkgsrc-2021Q2 release. Updates include 306 Python packages, 216 Ruby
packages, 152 perl5 packages, and 117 R packages.
As always, many packages have been brought up to date relative to
upstream. For the 2021Q3 release we welcome the following
notable packages additions and changes to the pkgsrc collection:
- asterisk 13.38.3, 16.19.0, 18.6.0
- cmake 3.21.2
- Firefox 78.14.0 (as an ESR), 91.1.0 (as an ESR)
- Go 1.16.8, 1.17.1
- i3 4.19.2
- JACK Audio Connection Kit 1.9.19
- LibreOffice 18.104.22.168
- llvm/clang/lldb 12.0.1
- MariaDB 10.4.20, 10.5.12, 10.6.4
- Node.js 12.22.6, 14.17.6
- PHP 7.3.31, 7.4.24, 8.0.11
- Podman 3.3.1 [uses NVMM on NetBSD]
- PostgreSQL 9.6.23, 10.18, 11.13, 12.8, 13.4
- Python 3.6.15, 3.7.12, 3.8.12, 3.9.7
- qemu 6.1.0
- qgis 3.16.11
- Rust 1.54.0
- spotify-qt 3.7
- SQLite 3.36.0
- Syncthing 1.18.1
- Thunderbird 78.12.00
- tor 0.4.6.7
- Tor Browser 10.5.6
- WebKitGTK 2.32.4
This branch we say notable goodbyes to:
- a bunch of go packages, used only for building other departed packages
- asterisk 15.7.4
- Go 1.15
Changes to the pkgsrc infrastructure and notes:
- The default version of MySQL as set by the pkgsrc infrastructure
was changed from MySQL 5.7 to MariaDB 10.5.
PHP packages are no longer tied to a specific MySQL version
due to the native driver being enabled by default.
You can change the default by setting MYSQL_VERSION_DEFAULT in mk.conf.
- Rust support has been added for big endian NetBSD/aarch64, and
pre-i686 NetBSD/i386 (allowing rust to be used on many x86 embedded
- graphics/ilmbase was superseded by math/imath. ilmbase should be
removed when upgrading.
- Note that Firefox, Thunderbird and likely other packages with
difficult dependencies do not build on NetBSD 8 and other systems
with non-recent compilers. Users who wish to run these programs
are advised to update to NetBSD 9 or newer versions of other
Instructions on using the binary package manager can be found at
https://pkgin.net, and pkgsrc itself can be retrieved from via CVS or
tar file, and also from a mirror at https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc.
See https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/getting.html for instructions.
The branch name for the 2021Q3 branch is "pkgsrc-2021Q3".
Main Index |
Thread Index |