Re: building node packages.... zwavejs

On Tue, 21 Sept 2021 at 01:44, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> I'd like to be able to run this on NetBSD and I feel like it's pretty close.
>
>   https://github.com/zwave-js/node-zwave-js
>
> If I run yarn, only 3 modules fail, and it seems that it is because they
> are a bit Linuxy but probably easy to adjust.

> What I don't understand, being new to node, is how sane it is to package
> this and dependencies -- of which there seem to be hundreds -- vs some
> other kind of work around.  And, the extent wo which doing any of this
> within pkgsrc is sensible, and if not what the best approach is.

It fails for me only in esbuild - a Go package which builds easily
under netbsd-current amd64 by modifying the bits containing
[Oo]pen[BSD|bsd] with [Nn]et[BSD|bsd]. The executable runs, but I
couldn't figure out how to modify the local copy of node-zwave-js to
make it use the compiled version.

--
----