Re: x11/libXtst build failure on macOS

Le Mon, Aug 02, 2021 at 03:15:21PM +0100, Michael-John Turner a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2021 at 03:29:24PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > Possibly.  You can check the files in x11-links/files to find out if
> > the exact file names for the Xfixes files that Xquartz provides are
> > included, and add them if not.
>
> Thanks. I can see that the missing libs are not listed in files/xorg but
> they are listed in files/xorg.Xfixes, but it's not clear to me how any of
> the xorg.* files ever get used as I can't see any other reference to them?
> The x11-links Makefile doesn't seem to include anything other than
> files/xorg.
>
> FWIW, I do also have x11/libXfixes installed as a dependency of, eg,
> x11/xcursor. With native XOrg should it link to the existing libXfixes or
> always build a modular copy?

For a cursory look, if you have set:

X11_TYPE=native

rebuilding x11-links will pick the right references. In my case, what
was "missing" was only missing in my installed version of x11-links but
all the dependencies were correct in x11-links sources and rebuilding
and reinstalling fixed the puzzling behavior.

At least, start by this. If there are still missing things, this does
probably mean that something has to be added to x11-links.

HTH,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/