Re: antlr 2.x in pkgsrc?

On 07/09, Mayuresh wrote:
> I noticed wip/antlr. Is it still wip or ripe enough to be considered for
> pkgsrc?
>
> antlr 2.x is still widely used and will be nice to have in pkgsrc. I'd
> request for it to be in pkgsrc.

The latest version of ANTLR is 4, so if anything, I think it would make
sense to import that as "antlr" rather than 2.  If you specifically
want ANTLR 2, then I guess we would be in the situation where we want
multiple versions in pkgsrc and thus would need the versioned naming
(i.e., "antlr2", "antlr3", and "antlr4") based on the "exactly one
version in pkgsrc which is unversioned, or multiple versions which *all*
have versioned names" notion that Greg Troxel points out from time to
time [1][2][3][4][5].

Lewis

[1] https://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2021/03/15/msg033395.html
[2] https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2020/11/21/msg024151.html