Re: antlr 2.x in pkgsrc?

On Fri, Jul 09, 2021 at 09:18:58AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> The DESCR of wip/antlr does not have a second paragraph explaining if it
> is old but maintained, old and unmaintained, or ?

It is old and unmaintained, but also widely in use in academia, research
and industry - I won't be able to share a list of projects. It's still
available as a default package (with name antlr for this version and with
suffixed names for higher versions) on FreeBSD and many Linux systems. It
evolved to versions 3 and 4, but due to lack of backward compatibility,
grammars written for 2 continue to use the old version.

Regarding commented code etc will check with the creator. Looks like it's
just there from initial attempt to port from FreeBSD.

--
Mayuresh